Marketing and Partnership Manager
M: 0434 896 312
Our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Woodville Alliance cares about the safety, health and wellbeing of our people, clients and communities.
Given the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its declaration by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as a pandemic, Woodville Alliance is taking considered action to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our people, clients, volunteers, guests, suppliers and contractors. We have had to change the way we run some of our services to help keep our customers and staff safe and healthy. We are doing things such as:
- Limiting the number of people who come into our centres, offices and group homes.
- Screening people before they are allowed to enter our premises.
- Cleaning our centres, offices and homes more often.
- Making sure customers do not share food, drink, cutlery, plates and cups, equipment and toys.
- Assessing each activity and program to see if it can be delivered via phone or remotely.
- Assessing and changing some of our community and group activities to avoid large crowds of people and to follow the rules around social distancing
- And more.
For the most up to date information please see the section Media Release below.
Stay in touch
If you are a client and concerned please contact us at 9722 5200 or email: email@example.com
- Woodville Alliance Community Initiatives Services during COVID-19 crisis 24 March 2020
- GM Disability COVID19 Client Letter 18 March 2020
- CEO COVID19 Client Letter 13 March 2020
- Media Statement NAIDOC Day of Celebration 2019
- Gambling Harm in Fairfield Starting the Conversation 4 April 2019
- Woodville Alliance and Partners Launch of the 2163 in Focus report 9 August 2018
- Woodville Alliance receives grant funding to expand NDIS services 22 August 2018