Perfect Presence for Schools
Working with you and your school community in building resilience and well-being that supports engagement in education.
Our evidence-based programs
Woodville Alliance facilitates a range of developmentally appropriate, dynamic evidence-based/evidence-informed group programs that can be tailored to the specific needs of young people. In particular, to enhance emotional wellbeing and cognitive ability to support their individual learning and engagement in school.
Group programs are a platform to open dialogue between young people about certain issues as well as to provide them with skills and abilities to further their resilience in managing life’s challenges and in particular the engagement in school. There is no ‘one size fits all’ model when working with young people from diverse groups.
– We take a strengths-based, inclusive approach when working with students.
– We follow all pre-existing individualised learning pathways, health care plans, school recommendations and have appropriate staff present during sessions to minimise barriers to student participation.
– We work with our partner schools to implement a comprehensive and inclusive strategy to create an environment with clearly defined behavioural expectations.
Some of the programs we offer are:
● DRUMBEAT —Discovering relationships using music – beliefs, emotions, attitudes, and thoughts facilitates the social and emotional skills for healthy relationships and values.
● Seasons of Growth— Builds the knowledge and skills necessary to strengthen social and emotional well-being following significant loss by exploring the impact of change and loss.
● Rock and Water— Provides a pathway to self-awareness, and increased self-confidence and social functioning.
● Love Bites—Equips young people with the knowledge needed to have respectful relationships, encourage and develop their skills in critical thinking and assist them able to problem solve and communicate effectively.
● Cool Kids -Learning about feelings and anxiety; learning to think more realistically; fighting fear by facing fear (stepladders); and learning other coping skills such as building social confidence or learning to solve problems.
● Peaceful Kids—Mindfulness and Positive Psychology-based program to lessen anxiety and stress and increase resilience in children.
Woodville can customise workshops to enhance student engagement with learning depending on the needs and motivation of the cohort.
Customised workshops include:
● Regulating emotions
● Body image and self-esteem
● Self-help skills
● Problem gaming
● Responsible social media use
● Health and Wellbeing (nutrition, sleep, healthy-eating)
● Anger management
● Mindfulness, meditation, and yoga
● Life skills (budgeting)
● Group project to support the transition back to class
● Cultural awareness (e.g. Aboriginal expert-led “on country” experience)
● Goal setting
● Career “Taster” activities
Excursions are a positive program addition to allow students to celebrate their successes and foster connection in the group. These can occur at the beginning and the end of the program.
By providing breakfast during the morning sessions of our programs, students will be able to focus more clearly and may make more effort to turn up to sessions on time. During this time staff will be able to informally check in
with students before any formal programming takes place. Eating together also provides a “soft entry” to the day for students who find attendance difficult.
We can work collaboratively with schools with input from parents/carers to develop individualised goals for students. Through the program, we will evaluate the success of the goals through a rigorous evidence-based evaluation plan. Please contact us if you have any other further needs and we can customise a program and workshops to suit your school, staff or community needs.
We provide one on one support for families with children aged 0 – 18 years. We meet with children on a ‘one-off’ or a regular basis to help them set some goals based on what the young person requires and help to create plans to reach these goals. We also refer to a more specialised service if that is what is needed too.
More about Woodville
Woodville Alliance is a community-based agency with major programs in mental health, family and youth support, disabilities and child care. We have been working in partnership with
communities for more than 40 years and is a strong advocate of local issues – working towards for a fairer, more just society and improved quality of life for people in Western Sydney.
What we offer
● Experience in working in both Primary and High Schools. Over the past 2 years alone, Woodville Alliance’s Community Initiatives team has worked with over 3500 students across 20 government and non-government schools.
● Accredited, qualified staff all with WCCC and completed criminal checks and first aid qualifications.
● We respect and value cultural diversity, including diversity in personal and religious values. Our culturally and linguistically diverse staff team (many of whom are bilingual) are experienced in facilitating social-emotional learning programs for primary and secondary school students.
● Client-centred, strengths-based, and trauma-informed approaches.
For a copy of the Perfect Presence brochure please click here.
G08 1 Villawood Place
Villawood NSW 2163
Tel: 9724 3807